If you struggle like me with all the TOMS shoe-wearing meme-ery going on around the Android camp, you'll be happy to know that each subsequent "major" version of an Android operating system gets a new name, and each new name starts with the next letter in the alphabet. Froyo begat Gingerbread, which begat Ice Cream Sandwich (F-G-I).
Given that, the next Android OS name will begin with a "J", the one after that a "K", and so on. Which got me to thinking...if I were to be as dopey as possible, what names would I come up with for future Android releases?
The following is the fruit of that labor.
- J - tough call, but either Jelly Roll or Jujube
- K - should be Key Lime Pie, but with these people you might well get Kaiserschmarrn
- L - Ladyfinger? Maybe, but that ruins tiramisu later. I'm going with Lemon Bar
- M - Mincemeat Pie. Yes, going for stupid intentionally. Tough to out-stupid "Froyo".
- N - They like cold stuff don't they. Neapolitan Sundae?
- O - would ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE Oreo Cookie, but if that would cost them a cent, you'll get Orange Sherbet and like it.
- P - Peanut Butter Fudge
- Q - um, let's hope the next great thing is out by then.